STINGING NETTLE SOUP……… Well why wouldn’t you?
Spring has such an amazing effect on our energy, today I was out in the garden as excited as ever looking to see what I could plant.
I am the same every year starting a new season of growth.
Today as I cleared a raised bed, I came across some fresh young stinging nettles, so that was it. Stinging nettle soup it is!
This is so good for our kidney energy and full of wonderful iron and vitamins. Yeah
RECIPE for stinging nettle soup
• ½ carrier bag full of the tops of nettles
• 55g butter or olive oil
• I large onion
• I large carrot
• 2 celery sticks
• 1 large clove of garlic crushed
• 1 ltr chicken stock or veg ( see previous recipe for good stock making)
• A pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
• 3 tablespoons of cooked rice or potato cubed and cooked
• 2 tablespoons crème fresh or yoghourt
• Salt and black pepper
Melt butter in pan, add onions, celery, carrots, garlic.
Sweat them until they are soft but not brown
Add stock and nettles
Boil and simmer for 10 minutes
Season with grated nutmeg and salt and pepper
Liquidise with the rice or potato
Add crème fresh and serve hot.